Bonding is the application of tooth-coloured filling material to adjust the size, shape or straightness of the teeth, to close gaps, to repair broken teeth or to replace discoloured fillings.
Unlike when adding veneers or crowns very little of the natural tooth needs to be removed so you don’t usually require an anaesthetic injection.
After thorough cleaning, a composite material coloured to match your natural teeth, is applied and hardened using a special light source. It may be applied in several layers until it is the correct shape. We then polish the composite to a smooth finish.
Cosmetic bonding is relatively inexpensive but not as long lasting as a crown or veneer.
Contact Wellington Quay Dental Centre today on 041 983 8740 or use the form on the Contact Us page to book your initial consultation.
Cosmetic Bonding Case Studies
Single visit cosmetic bonding treatment costing €150
Single visit cosmetic bonding treatment costing €600
Single visit cosmetic bonding treatment costing €800
Is bonding right for me?
Bonding may the best option if you:
- Have discoloured fillings in your front teeth
- Have teeth that are worn or chipped
- Want to avoid porcelain veneers or crowns
- Want to make minor changes to the shape or straightness of your teeth
- Have white or brown spots on your teeth
In many cases, bonding can be carried out in a single visit and without the need for an injection. When combined with whitening , excellent results can be achieved.
What you should know:
- Bonding is highly polished but gets less smooth over time and can pick up stains
- Minimising your intake of tea, coffee, red wine and not smoking helps avoid staining
- Do not use your teeth to bite nails, open packets, cut Selloptape
- If your bonding chips it can usually be repaired easily
- If you clench or grind your teeth at night you should wear a nightguard